Thanks for participating in our holiday toy drive this year! It’s such a special event for our community. This year we are collecting toys as well as putting together gift packages for adults.
For toys, we have an Amazon wishlist you can refer to HERE, but if you chose to donate something not on this list, here are some specifics.
- Please note we only accept new items
- Ideas for great gifts – art supplies, sports equipment, books, toys, games. Please try to avoid any items that depict violence or any games with complicated instructions in English.
- We will accept toy drop-offs at our office until Friday, November 29th. You can find us at the Village Exchange Center at 1609 Havana St., Aurora, CO 80010 (our office is on the lower level).
- Engaging your community is a great way to have a bigger impact, so consider doing your own toy drive with neighbors, co-workers, faith-based groups, etc.
- If you plan on wrapping your gifts before dropping them off, PLEASE include a note indicating what the toy is as this will help us distribute gifts at the party.
For our Parent Packages, we are looking to collect the following items:
- Grocery cards. Kroger (King Soopers) or Safeway. $25 per card would be wonderful. Our clients do not tend to use Trader Joes, Whole Foods, or other more expensive stores.
- Coffee, tea, cocoa, or some other warm beverage mix or gift item.
- New hat, pair of gloves or mittens, and scarf.
- Gourmet chocolates or candies
We will have opportunities to volunteer for the evening of our holiday party on December 7th. Stay tuned for an RSVP link soon (follow us on Facebook as we’ll share it there!)
Any questions, contact our Events and Communications Coordinator, Lindsey Perriman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks so much for making this holiday season cheerful for our refugee neighbors.